Goodbye July, Welcome August! Personally, I’m welcoming a long awaited family reunion. We’ll be heading on a road trip to spend time with family tonight! Believe it or not, our 3 yr old son has not met some of my husband’s family. It’s tough when everyone is so spread out across the country. We’re very excited to get together after so many years.
Just yesterday, my son was hugging my legs while I was doing the dishes. Sometimes, I think if you were to pass by my kitchen window at any time of the day that you’d surely see me standing at the sink doing dishes. It’s probably because I’m constantly baking. Sadly it’s become such a habit that sometimes I don’t even know that I’m doing dishes. Actually, I don’t even mind doing dishes anymore but what I do wish is that my kitchen window was in front of me instead of off to the side. I yearn for something relaxing to stare at while I do dishes. I’m stuck looking at a boring paper towel holder. I’ve thought about hanging something to make me happy but the space is small and about 5 inches from my face. For now, I’ll imagine I’m here:
Back to my story about my son hugging my legs. He said he loves hugging me while I do the dishes because I’m warm and cozy. I told him that I love it too. And that maybe I feel so cozy because I’m his mommy and I made him. Next thing I know the cutest thing ever came out of his mouth. He asked me, “Who built you, Mama?” His innocence made my heart swell. Then he asked who built Daddy? That led me to discussing our trip that we’ll be taking where he’ll finally be meeting the people who “built” Daddy. This story has absolutely nothing to do with today’s post, except for the fact that it makes me happy. So do all of these things below.
1. My new late night snack: Sweet Home Farm Low Fat Granola with Raisins mixed with Dark Chocolate Chips. Yes, I add handfuls of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Don’t judge me! I suppose it defeats the “low fat” aspect of this snack. Who cares! I’m loving the container – easy to transport over to the couch.
2. Foodiecrush Magazine: Loving food bloggers, their recipes and photos!
3. Homemade Coconut Luna Bars: Chocolate Dipped Coconut is always irresistible.
4. Chalkboard Paint Projects: I bought chalkboard paint and it’s addictive! I’ll post some of my projects soon. Let’s just say, you’ll have to stop yourself from spraying everything you own.
5. Mason Jar Drinks: I’m loving just about any drink as long as it’s served in a mason jar!
* Speaking of my LOVE for mason jars, I’m working on making a vegan version of this Mocha Chip Frappe!
6. A Beautiful Mess: One of my Fav. blogs to read daily. I’m not quite sure how these two get time to post such amazing and beautiful things! Thanks Elsie + Emma!
7. Vegan Treats Bakery! 8th Wonder of the World. Here we come to try their vegan soft serve ice cream – Chipwich, Get in My Belly!
8. Slouchy Button Down Legwarmers: I know it’s August but cool days will be here before we know it and I want to be styling The Miss Molly!
9. Learn Food Photography Website: I’ve been doing a ton of reading about food photography lately. I just can’t get enough! This website is a great resource for all things food photography and blogging. Now only if it would rub off on me…
10. Eggless One-Eyed-Egyptians! Really? Growing up, I ate one-eyed-egyptians all the time. I found out that eggs-n-toast is known by many names. This is a must try soon!
11. V.K. Rees Photography: NYC-based photographer Vanessa Rees’s food blog & photography is absolutely awesome. I’m completely impressed with her blog.
12. Hipster Food. Have you seen this vegan website? I’m loving it!
13. I can’t stop thinking about these S’mores cups. I live in an apartment, so it’s nice that they’ll make you feel a little less sad about not having a back yard.
One last thing that I didn’t mention loving lately….it’s writing and taking pictures for 13happythings! Hope you enjoyed some of the things I’m lovely lately! xo. josalyn